University of Bridgeport
The University of Bridgeport was founded in 1927 and was the first chartered junior college in New England. Upper division course work and degrees were authorized and the name changed to University of Bridgeport in 1947. Theta Sigma, founded on October 4, 1947, was the first local fraternity established at the University of Bridgeport.
On November 14, 1970, Theta Sigma was chartered as the Theta Sigma Chapter of Alpha Sigma Phi by Grand Senior President Robert E. Miller, Connecticut ‘49. Difficulties of the Vietnam War era, and the problems that led the locals to seek national affiliation, prevented the Chapter from obtaining a firm footing and it closed in 1974.
The roster contains 35 names.