Indiana Institute of Technology
Indiana Institute of Technology was established in 1930 and became an accredited non-profit college in 1948.
The second Beta Chapter of Alpha Gamma Upsilon was chartered on May 14, 1932 at Indiana Technical College. The chapter designation was accepted because the new chapter was in the same city as the original but then inactive Beta Chapter of Alpha Gamma Upsilon, and alumni of the original Beta Chapter at Universal Institute concurred. Sparky Force, Lawrence Sentman, and Herbert Carter were the forces behind organization of the Chapter. Beta obtained leased housing in 1938 but the Chapter closed in 1941. It was revived in 1950, and purchased a house shortly thereafter. In 1969, the house was at 1507 E. Washington Street, Fort Wayne.
On May 5, 1966, the Chapter was re-chartered and installed as Gamma Tau Chapter of Alpha Sigma Phi. Past Grand Senior President Donald Hornberger, Ohio Wesleyan ‘25, presented the charter to Chapter President Terry Quinn, Indiana Tech ‘66. George Trubow, Michigan ‘53, was principal speaker at the installation. James V. Brown, past President of Alpha Gamma Upsilon, served as toastmaster. The chapter house was at 1236 South Anthony Blvd., Fort Wayne, Indiana. Due to declining enrollment in the school and declining membership in the Chapter, the charter was surrendered in 1976. The Chapter initiated 89 members.