University of Mount Union
Mount Union College was established as a co-educational institution in 1846. Iota of Alpha Kappa Pi began as Sigma Xi Lambda in 1926. Its organization and constitution were based on a defunct campus organization called the Philo Club. Frank Krebs, Mount Union ‘29, was the first President of Sigma Lambda Xi. When the group had grown and succeeded for two years, a petition for charter was submitted to Alpha Kappa Pi. Installation took place on May 3-4, 1929, by National President Wilson Hull. 17 undergraduates, one faculty member and ten alumni were in the charter initiation group. The chapter had a house at 1690 S. Union Avenue in Alliance. In 1933 the chapter moved to 760 W. State Street. After World War II the chapter house was at 1820 S. Union Avenue. In the late 1950’s the chapter moved to 233 Hartshorne. The chapter newsletter was “Beta Alpha”. The chapter became inactive in 1960. The chapter roll contains the names of 188 initiates. Frank Krebs, Mount Union ‘29, served as National President of Alpha Kappa Pi, on the Grand Council of Alpha Sigma Phi, and as Grand Historian of Alpha Sigma Phi; Brother Krebs received the Delta Beta Xi and Distinguished Service Awards.
Records show brother's name, initiation year, and award received.
|Frank J. Krebs
|Varner Distinguished Service Award
|Delta Beta Xi Award